Tom Smith Farriers offer a professional and reliable service to all of our customers. We pride ourselves on our time keeping and quality of work. We believe that we offer an unbeatable, complete farriery package. We use only the best equipment, materials and tools available, often using handmade shoes to suit your horses’ needs completely.
Our services include:
- Reliable attendance at your premises, at the time arranged with you.
- Regular shoeing or trimming, at an interval to suit your needs. We are able to give you the next appointment for your horse with a date and time.
- Specialist remedial farriery, working alongside other equine health care professionals.
- Specialist Barefoot trimming. Despite some people’s insistence that ALL farriers simply do a basic and uneducated trim, we have studied barefoot principles and those of several practitioners.
- Large yard work; as we are a company comprising of multiple qualified farriers we can look after the needs of large, professional or pleasure, yards efficiently.
- Single horses and private owners; we pride ourselves on taking the time for single horses or small yards, all horses are important.
- Slow motion video gait analysis; this is a very useful tool in improving shoeing in the performance horse, or just helping to explain a low grade lameness.
- We work hard to treat every horse with the same professional interest, shoeing all horses to the best of our abilities, from private ponies to top class performance horses of any discipline.
- Provide expert care alongside veterinary surgeons if you have a problem that may be best tackled together.
- Providing an efficient aftercare for your horse, dealing swiftly with any problems you may have.
- Fixed forge facility.
- Duty farrier at many equine events, including Endurance, Show Jumping and Eventing competitions in the South of England, other areas may also be covered – please ask!
Feel free to contact Tom to discuss your personal requirements, helping both horse and rider is a real passion and we would be happy to hear from you.
We offer a comprehensive remedial and veterinary shoeing service. As all requirements are different costing is available on request; these can be discussed with your veterinary surgeon. We can provide a detailed invoice for insurance claims but these will need to be settled and the cost claimed back by yourself.
Missed or cancelled appointments for which less than 2 working days’ notice is given will be charged at up to 50% of the work expected to be undertaken.